Raiseland?

martyj

Searching leadwerks in steam pulls up a product called Riseland.

It is a terrain generation software.

Has anyone used this with leadwerks?

If so, how well does it generate usable height maps? From my experience, leadwerks high maps are slightly different than the normal heightmap of each pixel specifying the height. I believe leadwerks uses a change in pixels to specify height.

I actually wrote a converter from PNGs a while back to Leadwerks heightmaps. Leadwerks does indeed use a (somewhat standard) heightmap, it's just that it has 16-bit precision instead of the 8-bit precision of a heightmap.

Raiseland says it'll export to 16-bit .raw, so it should work. It looks like Roland already did it:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/388820/discussions/0/541907867787316651/#c541907867787665898

Raiseland does allow you to manipulate the terrain. It takes some getting use to, but it can be done. However, if you want to save yourself some money, I would try Blender like Roland shows in his video. Even though I like Raiseland, if I would have seen this video prior, I would have used the Blender method instead. lol

SpEcIeS