Published game will not run on stand-alone computer

tray.geboy1

I have made and published a game (using the stand alone feature), but when I try to run it on any other computer, I get an error message saying that OpenAL.dll is not installed.

Does anyone know what I need to do?

Is OpenAL32.dll the same as OpenAL.dll?

Any feedback is appreciated.

If you can help, please be very specific on what I need to do; as I am not extremely computer savvy.

Thanks.

I am trying to enter the game into a school competition, but the game needs to be able to run without internet connections. So, I cannot have them run the game through Leadwerks Game Launcher. Plus, they cannot download the game.

I need to know if anyone can help me publish my game to a disk with ALL NECESSARY files required to run the game.?.

Thanks for your help and time.

You have to manually install OpenAL for some reason.

There was a previous post that said you can get the install exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Leadwerks Game Engine\_CommonRedist\OpenAL\2.0.7.0\oalinst.exe

The version (2.0.7.0) might be different. Add the exe with your game and install it separately.

I'm pretty sure you can also download it from https://www.openal.org/downloads/

You have to manually install OpenAL for some reason.

There was a previous post that said you can get the install exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Leadwerks Game Engine\_CommonRedist\OpenAL\2.0.7.0\oalinst.exe

The version (2.0.7.0) might be different. Add the exe with your game and install it separately.

I'm pretty sure you can also download it from https://www.openal.org/downloads/

So, I am getting confused when you say to "add the exe with your game and install it separately"?

- Does that mean that I burn the oalinst.exe file on the same disk that I burn the game files to?

- Then, I am assuming that I install the oalinst.exe file first and then run the game.exe file, right?

I get confused, I know. Sorry.

I tried running the oalinst.exe on a computer but that didn't seem to do anything. I got an error that said something about Win32?

So, I am getting confused when you say to "add the exe with your game and install it separately"?

- Does that mean that I burn the oalinst.exe file on the same disk that I burn the game files to?

- Then, I am assuming that I install the oalinst.exe file first and then run the game.exe file, right?

I meant that you would include the OpenAL installer when you give someone your game. It doesn't have to be on the same disk, but it would need to be installed one way or another. I'm sure there are ways to get it to install OpenAL when your game installer runs, but I don't know how to do such a thing.

I tried running the oalinst.exe on a computer but that didn't seem to do anything. I got an error that said something about Win32?

Try using the installer from the OpenAL website

So, Update.

I did locate the OpenAL in the steam folder. I added the oalinst.exe file to the same file that I burnt the game files to. Then, I went to an older computer (running Vista ServicePack 2; 32 bit) to try and run it.

A window opens, but it says that LUA sandbox is disabled. Then, after a pause it flashes other lines of something, but they go too fast and I cannot read them. Then, the window closes and it just goes back to the main screen. The games doesn't load. The computer seems to be operating normally; it isn't like the game closed because the computer crashed.

Any ideas?

I need to turn this in to school tomorrow morning; so any quick help is appreciated.

Thanks again. (you can check out my game on my published workshop) :)

So, Update.

I did locate the OpenAL in the steam folder. I added the oalinst.exe file to the same file that I burnt the game files to. Then, I went to an older computer (running Vista ServicePack 2; 32 bit) to try and run it.

Does this computer meet the minimum requirements to run a leadwerks game? Graphic card supports opengl4?

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

I have this computer and it is working fine. But, when we tried it at school, we couldn't get it to run. They are old computers (Dell) too though. So, I am thinking that the age of the computers is the problem.

My question is that the ppl judging the competition will be using (I am assuming) better computers. So, I want to know 1) if I burn all of the files that are created when I "publish" my game as a stand alone game along with the oalinst.exe file, will the judges be able to open my game? and, 2) if not, what other files should i include on the disk?

Thanks for your input and time.

My question is that the ppl judging the competition will be using (I am assuming) better computers. So, I want to know 1) if I burn all of the files that are created when I "publish" my game as a stand alone game along with the oalinst.exe file, will the judges be able to open my game? and, 2) if not, what other files should i include on the disk?

As far as I know, you just need the installer and the openAL. Just make sure that the judges know that they need to install openAL.

• Upvote 1