Leadwerks capable of large urban areas?

MattD

Hey Guys,

For those of you who have experience using Leadwerks, how efficient is it at rendering geometry? Do you guys believe leadwerks is capable of creating large urban environments?

creating? No. rendering? yes. You will need to create the urban environment yourself. The editor allows you to construct the scene with the models that you have already created with a 3d modeling app.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

Rendering densily populated areas with minimal FPS loss is one of the biggest strengths of Leadwerks Engine.

It provides many methods for occlusion culling, here's some what comes to my mind, although I'm not sure if they are technically correct terms:

1) Entity Groups, which map together multiple entities for hierarchical occlusion culling

2) Per-Entity occlusion culling

3) Visibility occlusion culling (when camera is not seeing them)

4) OpenGL hardware occlusion culling (for meshes hidden behind other meshes, and backfaces facing away from camera)

5) Per-Entity instance LOD models and LOD range settings

6) Camera range based occlusion culling

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

creating? No. rendering? yes. You will need to create the urban environment yourself. The editor allows you to construct the scene with the models that you have already created with a 3d modeling app.

Right, sorry, I used the wrong terminology. Of course I mean "rendering." :blink:

The Rising

-Project Lead/Lead Level Designer

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-rising

Rendering densily populated areas with minimal FPS loss is one of the biggest strengths of Leadwerks Engine.

It provides many methods for occlusion culling, here's some what comes to my mind, although I'm not sure if they are technically correct terms:

1) Entity Groups, which map together multiple entities for hierarchical occlusion culling

2) Per-Entity occlusion culling

3) Visibility occlusion culling (when camera is not seeing them)

4) OpenGL hardware occlusion culling (for meshes hidden behind other meshes, and backfaces facing away from camera)

5) Per-Entity instance LOD models and LOD range settings

6) Camera range based occlusion culling

Wow nice! I just purchased leadwerks and google mentioned something about shipping the "SDK" to me. Is there actually going to be something shipped or is that just part of the generic receipt from google?

The Rising

-Project Lead/Lead Level Designer

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-rising

It will be "shipped" via email. Can take a day or two, though.

Just imagine the internet as an ocean. That way shipping makes sense... :blink:

Edit: Michael was faster...damn :P

(Win7 64bit) && (i7 3770K @ 3,5ghz) && (16gb DDR3 @ 1600mhz) && (Geforce660TI)

Guest Red Ocktober

well... where would one start... i mean, how would you copy or clone an object... a building, for instance, that you'd want replicated any number of times over a vast terrain...

--Mike