Changing Collision constants..

Chiblue

I am trying to change the collision constants used in Editor, for my game I need to have a few more different collision types...

I changed:

collision_const.lua

collisions.lua

class.lua

But I do not see my new collision types in the object properties, plus the oildrum (my test object) falls through the terrain, no matter what collition type it is set to. if the object does not have a collision type set i.e. none it does not fall through the terrain.. I do not see where the terrain collision type is set or how to tell what collision types collide with the terrain?

If it's not Tactical realism then you are just playing..

The terrain collision type is always 1.

There is a collision property in class.lua you can change the items for to add other collision types:

group:AddProperty( "collisiontype", PROPERTY_CHOICE, "None,Prop,Scene,Character,Trigger", "Collision" )

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Yes I changed that, I also added my new collisions to the constants for collisions, and then added the collision types to the collisions.lua but when I drop an object say oildrum I do not see the new collision types? If this is it then I will have to recheck my settings..

If it's not Tactical realism then you are just playing..

You might need to restart the editor, since the class script has already been run. Or just create a new scene (or reload the one you have).

If you still need help, post the relevant files so we can see for ourselves.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.