Categorical

AnthonyPython

Categorical's main goal for me is Replayability , which is a huge issue for some games.

Main-Story

I'll try to say some of it with-out spoiling to much (of course you may get different story's while playing)

you play as a experimental robot called U-N-O,(Ultimate Nano organism) that is made of living metal, has developed a complex AI over several year's, and has got smarter and smarter learning the in's and out's of the science facility called (Easel science, that's a silent E, and is a long a, so you say it as long (a)ahcell, rhymes with Excel. the moto is "Excel with Easel science!"

every puzzle room you complete you receive letter's though a pnuematic tube from other human test subject's that try's to talk to you and tell them selves about them and what things are happening around them in there series of test.

Mr. Easel created a global warming disaster(making the world very cold) of his first attempt to dominate.

A few years later he declares war on his own American soil.

after year's of turn-oil of war, and pleasing him-self with war and cruelty, he finds him self dying

later that year he disappears and was never seen again, only written letter's and notes was that ever came from Mr. Easel again. never seen ever and ever again.

Game mechanic's:

Procedural generation/randomization for the most Replayability I can get

Level editor- at some point after the procedural is done.

Fiberoptic vision - allow's you see hidden signs, and words, and other info other wise you may not have seen

Parkour

button's, door's, pneumatic tubes for delivering item's of all sort's

Energy level- keep them up

Sanity- you have became so complex and evolved that you have actually develop sanity for your self.

Stamina- more you run more you use your energy supply.

and normal Health.

inventory

No fall damage( but if you do fall to fast you will lose some sanity)

http://www.indiedb.com/games/categorical

Expect the unexpected

Processor: AMD A6-3420M APU integrated Radeon HD Graphics 1.50 GHz

Change the name, i don't want Microsoft "Excel" word in a game laugh.png

Excel is not just a word used with microsoft, as in Excel as "be exceptionally good at or proficient in an activity or subject." Excel, so UNNO Excelled in puzzle solving as its core features.

Why pneumatic tubes ? Does it has some gameplay related to them ?

You could spawn objects in some vertical tube on ceiling having some trap system simply.

yes, it does to transport yourself, other items to other location's in a test, or stuff being delivered to you. yes trap for a dropper for like a cube be fine. on one

Your game is based on rooms, so you should use detailled models and textures perhaps already in prototyping phase ?

I seen cubic , use bevels rounded cubes perhaps ? ladder seems to be very cubic also, use cylinders based models ?

New_stats.png

It's your game, and it's too early to us to make good critics, you should try completing as much possible some first level gameplay and graphics before.

Stop toying and make games

Your game is based on rooms, so you should use detailled models and textures perhaps already in prototyping phase ?

I seen cubic , use bevels rounded cubes perhaps ? ladder seems to be very cubic also, use cylinders based models ?

New_stats.png

It's your game, and it's too early to us to make good critics, you should try completing as much possible some first level gameplay and graphics before.

that is just prototyping and is a testing environment for when I started using leadwerks 2 months ago actually.

the rooms will be actually indeed very cubic, how ever there will be no need of ladder's now since I have parkour in place.

I am drawing up some more concepts to do for model's, this game will have quite a isolation feel to it.