Object carry physics

Vaelek

I'm putting this here because I'm not sure if it is a bug or just an effect of a very basic carry system in the Player script that is provided.

So when the player is carrying something. If you move in a way that the object collides with another, it has a full on seizure. Is this something that can be dealt with or just an issue of the internal physics engine that has to be lived with? It becomes a rather annoying issue for example if you want to have the player place an object somewhere with any precision. As well if walking near a wall it is real easy to lose the object behind the wall as it eventually just passes right through it.

i guess physics are never very accurate.

That is one reason why every game i played so far had a snap-in feature for example when the player held a gear in front of a machine the gear just snapped into place.

like how Amnesia does it beo, with the gears and stuff? :)

Processor: AMD A6-3420M APU integrated Radeon HD Graphics 1.50 GHz

Carrying objects is one of those physics things that requires very tedious and hacky programming. If you look at the source of penumbra you can see one big mess of code, simply because those physics are highly finetuned.

That doesn't mean it is not possible, it just takes a lot of trial and error programming wise. There is no out of the box solution that works with a few lines of code.

• Upvote 1