how do i go about making my assets to publish option?

killbot5555678

when publishing your game, you have the option to include only the files that were placed into the map or you can publish all of the files as a whole. This option gives you an option of how you build your maps. If you used asset packs purchased from stores and imported all the assets into the engine but didnt use all of them, your finished file size will be huge as mine were prior to suggesting the change of only publishing your used assets in the game. So, you have 2 options, if you click file, Project manager, a window will open which gives you some options. If the project is highlighted, you can click on publish. When the publish window opens, you can check or uncheck the option to include only used assets.

When I start a project or need something for my projects, i will import an entire pack of assets. That way i can see them, place them and see how they fit into the scene. If you publish only the assets used the file size will remain small, other wise, every single asset is published with the game whether or not its been placed. Many have said my way is the lazy way, I say its the smart way. I guess im lazy for not going back and deleting hundreds of unused assets.

Example, published with all my assets, Ive had projects at 20 GB, how ever with the option of only including used assets, the finished project dropped to a mere 300 MB. The published game will be placed on your desktop for uploading to steam or where ever you choose. You might consider posting your game to the work shop for some critical reviews.

Call me Lazy :) Dont hurt my feelers any. Im rabling but hopefully, you have some sort of answer from this.

• Upvote 1

Asus sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 9590 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 4 HDD's Western Digital Caviar Black set in Raid 0, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite, Asus Radeon R9 270 X 4GB, Corsair CM750M,