SimpleAnimation.lua in the Beta is broken

Vaelek

While fighting with learning how animation works in here, I finally discovered this when looking at the SimpleAnimation.lua...

function Script:Draw()
self.entity:SetAnimationFrame(8,1,4)
--local t = Time:GetCurrent()
--self.entity:SetAnimationFrame(t/100.0*self.Speed,1,self.Sequence)
end

Clearly that does not work.

You shouldn't be using the beta for learning. In fact, I know a lot of people like to opt into the beta, but you really shouldn't unless you really need a certain feature or want to help test.

Anyway, what do you mean that this doesn't work? It looks fine to me. It'll just stay on animation frame 8 the whole time though, so nothing will look like it's animating.

I don't remember what it was, but something was broken in the release that has been fixed in the beta that was affecting my project. I do have a coding background (just not in Lua) and do love to help test things, so opting in is just in my nature. I understand the possible complications and those more experienced with LW than I seem to be pretty active in here at reporting issues so I've been keeping up pretty well on that front.

As far as this script goes, I have to assume that line was added and the rest commented during testing and forgot to be changed back. The script variables are ignored, and it's locked in to frame 8 of sequence 4. Definitely not drop in friendly. As it's a basic beginner and testing script I don't imagine it's got much visibility and Josh wouldn't want it to go unnoticed when it comes time to push out the next release so I stand by my report.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...