Spawn points and menus help

Vailfear

Hi,

I've seen some examples of leadwerks being made into a multiplayer game but there are no tutorials or anything describing how or what they used to spawn a new player on the map. I also can't find anything on how to make a menu, instead of launching my game on a map i want it to be a menu where you have "options", create game, find game and of course exit. I know Noesis may be coming to leadwerks but i was curious if anyone else was able to help in this regard. Seeing as Noesis isn't a guaranteed addition to the le.

Thanks in advance,

Vailfear

Menu can be created using the Context->Draw and Window->Key\Mouse command set. You would have to script its behaviour such as drawing buttons and changing their colours when mouse is hovered above and such. The commands you need are:

and

Or just wait until Aggror finishes FlowGUI which is going to be a paid LUA script set for menu creation using LE Flow Graph. Have a look here: http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/7146-flowgui/page__st__20#entry81279

• Upvote 1

Intel Core i7 Quad 2.3 Ghz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Windows 10 (x64)

Thank you for the info on menus! I'll be sure to look into this. Anyone know how to setup a, im guessing, a pivot to act as a spawn point for different teams? Making a multiplayer game and gonna be using RakNet but need to know how to setup spawn points when people choose a team.

Thanks again in advance,

Vailfear

Though you sound like you're set on Raknet (and it's a great engine which a lot of people here use), I also posted code snippets for using Steam, if you want to take a look:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/9663-introduction-to-steam-code-in-leadwerks/

The advantage to it is that it makes connections and a lot of other things like opening websites super easy. The disadvantage, of course, is that you need Steam. You can also do a hybrid, using Steam to connect and Raknet to transfer data (Steam can give IP info to you to use with Raknet).