Modo fbx export scaling

tjheldna

Hi,

I'm having trouble working out scaling into Leadwerks. Every time I change scaling settings in Modo the model always imports into LE the same size.

Opening the fbx as ascii I think I would expect the "Lcl scaling" field would alter the scaling of the model when imported into Leadwerks, however it always imports as 1.0. If I scale the model to 0.01 in Leadwerks it then scales to the exact size.

When exporting in Modo as it always works in meters I scale the units by 0.01 which is reflected in the below snippet from the provided fbx file.

Model: 160264608, "Model::stove01", "Mesh" {
Version: 232
Properties70:  {
P: "RotationActive", "bool", "", "",1
P: "ScalingMax", "Vector3D", "Vector", "",0,0,0
P: "DefaultAttributeIndex", "int", "Integer", "",0
P: "Lcl Scaling", "Lcl Scaling", "", "A",0.01,0.01,0.01
}
Shading: Y
Culling: "CullingOff"
}

Here is a test fbx file from Modo if you add it to the world it's huge, but scale it to 0.01, 0.01, 0.01 and it's the expected size.

I must admit I'm not really that confident with this post as I don't know much about it, I may be missing something, but any help on the issue would be great.

Regards,

trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

Hmm ...I imported it in my Leadwerks and the model size was 100.0(massive) ...I changed it to 1.0 and then it was too small(like knee high on the character) ...if using a character the stove height should be at least waist high on the character..

I re-imported it ..then changed the scale to 1.5 ... got this result:

post-2229-0-81935900-1416024546_thumb.jpg

Your numbers are off ...sorry I don't know how to fix that laugh.png

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

Hi BES,

Just wondering are using Modo too?

Thanks for that, but I'm sure numbers are right. The reason the model is soo big is because Modo works in meters and my conversion to cm isn't happening on import.

So in Modo by default 1 game unit = 1 meters in Leadwerks.

In Modo's prefs I've set 1 game unit = 0.01m which converts 1m in Modo to 100cm in Leadwerks. Technically I am working in meters it's on export where the scaling happens.

The conversion isn't happening on exporting so although I'm scaling to cm, meters are imported for some reason as a result the model is huge. If you scale the model by 0.01 In Leadwerks the model resizes to what I'm expecting.

Inside the fbx file the conversion is there displaying P: "Lcl Scaling", "Lcl Scaling", "", "A",0.01,0.01,0.01 for the scaling. So I believe Modo is likely doing it's job, but I'm no expert when it comes to reading an fbx file.

I'm thinking Modo's exported fbx file is a little different compared to other packages like Max or Blender. Is that possible?

trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

Nah I don't use modo ... I use Blender, 3D World Studio, and UU3D .. I may be not understanding your question ..since when I test it it seems to act just like any model I import... its always way huge at 100.0 ...I scale it down to 1.0 or 1.5 and it looks fine..

Modo to me seems to be exporting the model as it should ...off by about .5 ish ...since 1.5 seems to be a good normal setting in Leadwerks..for that specific model..

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine