LE 3.3 display questions

YouGroove

Hi,

I tested LE 3.3 (steam non beta) and the "Ai and events" demo and i noticed the frame rate is always 20 or 30 fps on my laptop.

Sometimes during a second we see other values like 25,28 but it auto adjusts to a 20 or 30.

It is some auto scaling quality mechanism running behind the scenes ?

Or just some math formula taking the average frame rate around dozens ? or it is my pc ?

Also LE 3.2 version before 3.3 seems it was faster, has it been some changes in lightening or system ?

(for same AAliasing and light quality settings)

Btw "encrypt assets" on publish is a really nice addition.

Stop toying and make games

In your App.lua file, in the loop function, set the 'self.context:Sync(true)' to 'false'. That will make your program run at max speed again.wink.png

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

I'm curious about testing this but how do you access the demos?

This is not a demo, i did not written well , i just use LE 3.3 steam Lua edition last official release. And this is not a demo , this is the regular FPS demo "Ai and Events " map biggrin.png

In your App.lua file, in the loop function, set the 'self.context:Sync(true)' to 'false'. That will make your program run at max speed again

I added that but frame rate was the same (sync seems to be false by default if not setted on App.lua)

I don't ask anything, no request on speed, i was just wandering why frame rate is rounded around dozen numbers like 20 or 30 in my example ? And why this last version seems slower than the last 3.2 (has it been major changes under the scene) ?

Anyway that's not bad frame rate having from 5 to 12 active lights drawn at same time wink.png

Leadwerks can stipulate whether to use vsync but the graphic driver, at least with NVidia can override this.

On Linux at least, if I run nvidia-settings and tick "Sync to VBlank" then everything on my machine is limited to the monitor refresh rate.

If its rate limited I wouldn't expect it to keep changing unless under heavy load or if it did the numbers shouldn't be rounded.

content over form, game play over all.

Leadwerks can stipulate whether to use vsync but the graphic driver, at least with NVidia can override this.

I have Radeon, sync is de activated and i have any numbers frame rate display on another 3D engine where frame rate is 45,48,65 numbers for example.

Anyway forget it, i'm the only one interested in such things that don't have great importance laugh.png