Hello i´m new..

Guest Space_9

Guest Space_9

hi there all..

I´m downloading the engine´s trial, i tried unity, shiva, panda3d, python-ogre, blender game engine, irrlicht, hhaaaaaa... well i´m here now..

I found really interesting this engine, first the screenshots, second, i did not read well maybe, but leadwerks supports python??, if that is true, woa!, fantastic!!, i used python in panda3d and is the fartest way i got in the past...... the problem i´m not a coder, i just a designer... and want to have a graphical interface to manage my game..

I´m doing an educational spacial game, last engine was using is unity, but scripting is a bit hard to me (javascript, c#, boo), i have python knowledge, so that is the main reason i came here...

I´m glad to know about the artists word, is this engine that easy than unity?, or this engine requires high skills in programming to learn?

thank you, i hope not had disturbed you..

greetings!

Leadwerks supports 350 languages, well all which can load a dll file :)

You just need to convert the C API headers to your language if you use a language which nobody has used yet, since so far people have used only C, C++, C#, Java, Lua, Perl, Basic, Pascal, Delphi.

Python vs Lua is often a big discussion, and the answer is that Lua is better. Lua is the easiest way to use Leadwerks Engine, and it's all in realtime.

You can also read this decent comparison of Lua vs Python:

http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaVersusPython

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

There is no official support for Python. However, I think some people have used Python with our engine. I recommend you look into Lua, as it is easy to use and effective.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

You're going to need some programming skills regardless of the engine you use. I wouldn't say LeadWerks is any easier to use than Unity is, it just has a better rendering engine. Boo is very similar to Python.

If your an artist, your best bet would be to team up with a programmer unless you're willing to learn how to program.

Windows 7 x64 - Q6700 @ 2.66GHz - 4GB RAM - 8800 GTX

ZBrush - Blender

I think many programmers here are willing to exchange code for assets, and vice versa. Just ask! Don't really need a team, just do services and get services.

Guest Space_9

oh, excellent!, Shiva 3D uses Lua for programming, so i think going to use that, i have some notions about it...

Unfortunelly i´m alone in my project, but i will consider to join some group of programers to finish my project..

Glad to read this engine is easy to use and uses multiples languajes, for sure is the next engine i will use, US 200 is a very kind price... So, when i associate with a group, the languaje will not be a problem...

My last question before start, i´m a blender user, how is the compatibility between the engine and this modeler, works with collada or fbx ?

well thank you too much for your kinds comments, you guys are so fast in the forum..

greetings..

There are even artists who have bought expensive modelling software, and still use Blender because it can do more :)

I use 3DWS, UU3D and Blender for modelling, although I'm a programmer and have only very basic skills in modelling.

Guest Space_9

There are even artists who have bought expensive modelling software, and still use Blender because it can do more :)

I use 3DWS, UU3D and Blender for modelling, although I'm a programmer and have only very basic skills in modelling.

Haha loomuja, we are complement, :-D, well, good to know many use blender ! cheers for that!