How does the invisible.mat work

Rick

Its one of the options under Solid, Alpha, Light, etc. on the first page of the material editor.

--edit Now I am curious about how you could go about changing those values through code.

edit2-- Found it! http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/documentation/_/command-reference/material/materialsetblendmode-r243 The Invisible option isn't documented though so I don't know if it works with the function.

--edit Now I am curious about how you could go about changing those values through code.

edit2-- Found it! http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/documentation/_/command-reference/material/materialsetblendmode-r243 The Invisible option isn't documented though so I don't know if it works with the function.

SetBlendMode(5) does it

• Upvote 1

if you open the invisible.mat in a text file editor, you will see that it only contains one line:

drawmode=0

As the property is not documented, its hard to say what all of the possible options could be. All other built-in materials have the drawmode set to -1. There are other properties as well that can be listed in the material file that have no documentation. When you create a new material, the text file will contain the property:

lightingmode=1

but when you save the material via the material editor, then this line is removed from the file and two undocumented properties are added:

alwaysuseshader=0

drawmode=-1

• Upvote 1

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel