Error: Top Level Entity Cannot Be A Bone

Defranco

Good day,

Program was working fine yesterday, logged on today and it gives this error when opening the start.map . after pressing OK, the program shuts off immediately.

Exception_Access_Violation

Error: Top-level entity cannot be a bone.

This error is occurring in Leadwerks 3.2 standard edition.

On windows 7, with a Nvidia graphics card 650M model.

When opening the CPP files and debugging, or running the map on Microsoft Visual Studio 2013, it gives no errors there.

The error is on Leadwerks Editor.

I'm not 100% how to reproduce the error.

After playing around with some of the backup saves (thank goodness for autosaves!! <3 <3 )

I believe this to just be a corrupt save.

My start.map was from 8:02 pm last night.

my backup367.map.bak was from 7:59pm last night. I renamed backup376.map.bak to just backup367.map and loaded it (a 3 minute earlier save) and it doesn't give the error.

There's no difference between the start.map and the several backups from before that as no work additions were done and no changes were done. I think perhaps maybe it failed to fully save and caused a corrupt file.

I seem to remember getting something like this when I was able to drag a bone of an animated model in the scene tab to the root (like it detached from being a child of the model) of the scene. Josh then said something like "How did you do that?" and I said "I don't know" and that was that :)

The editor saves to a temp file, then renames the temp file. So even if it were to crash during saving, it won't save a corrupt file if it crashes. But no matter.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.