Spongey Movement?

Calimaw

I found out that Leadwerks does a few things that, overtime, kill your computer and all Leadwerks apps (until you restart):

- Something is wrong with the OpenAL implementation, it eats up all the buffers and for some reason won't close them all when the application is terminated, so over time, no other audio applications can use them (if they use OPenAL), and your speakers will start to play load-pitched static, and the sounds from Leadwerks that were cached (usually from the editor I hear the underwater loop and the barrel impact sounds).

- Overtime, the amount of RAM Leadwerks is using increases, and even after ending the processes or closing the programs, that RAM usage is still there.

- Overtime, the Application Speed degrades (THIS IS WHAT CAUSES THE JERKY MOVEMENT). Anything in any Leadwerks application that is modified by AppSpeed, will have that jerky movement, rotation, interpolation, etc. I can't say what causes this, but I can assume that the timer Leadwerks is using internally degrades after a while for whatever reason, and you start to get ridiculous AppSpeed returns: It will fluctuate, for me, anywhere between -5 and 500000, until I restart.

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

csharp.png Expert cpp.png Professional lua_icon.png Expert BMX Programmer

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png

I just tried out what happens when i run my wip-game over 2 hours. Using the task manager to check the RAM usage, there was no change at all.

The game uses entity callbacks and messages all the time.

Can't say anything about behaviour of AppSpeed, as i use my own timer :blink:

(Win7 64bit) && (i7 3770K @ 3,5ghz) && (16gb DDR3 @ 1600mhz) && (Geforce660TI)

Josh:

Can you compile a version of the editor using a Debug build? May make it easy to find any leaks if there are in fact any.

I just couldn't think of any other reason for the exponential decay of the AppSpeed over time (I am talking days to weeks of having the editor application open).

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

csharp.png Expert cpp.png Professional lua_icon.png Expert BMX Programmer

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png