[Linux, Steam] GTK controls renders wrong

Guppy

What Nvidia driver version are you using?

I'm using 331.38 from the official repo.

Everything else with primusrun works well - Blender, Dota2, my own game development in PureBasic, etc. Actually, my integrated Intel 4700 is more than sufficient for my game dev but Leadwerks complains on start with "Failed to initialize graphics. Please ensure your graphics hardware is compatible and install new graphics drivers." so I am forced to use my nVidia for this app. Anyways, I dont want to sidetrack. I'd rather have it running on one of my GPUs than none. :)

For sh*ts & giggles, I used primusrun to start gedit (GTK3) or PureBasic (GTK2), all the controls and widgets are fine. I know these aren't related to non-realtime 3D but I'm just rtying to give as much info as I can.

Cheers,

G

I would strongly suggest trying a newer driver version. I still have some issues with corruption in Firefox and LibreOffice that are related to the Nvidia driver even on newer versions, it just seems there are only a few programs that reveal this bug.

Grab some bewer drivers from here and see if anything changes: ppa.launchpad.net/xorg-edgers/ppa/ubuntu/pool/main/n/

I would strongly suggest trying a newer driver version. I still have some issues with corruption in Firefox and LibreOffice that are related to the Nvidia driver even on newer versions, it just seems there are only a few programs that reveal this bug.

Grab some bewer drivers from here and see if anything changes: ppa.launchpad.net/xorg-edgers/ppa/ubuntu/pool/main/n/

I've installed driver 343.13 via xorg-edgers and the problem is even worse when I run Leadwerks:

Screenshot-from-2014-08-24-091447.png

All my settings are default. From what I am reading, making my system default to the NV driver WHILE bumblebee/primus is installed is not rather straight forward. I'm a bit reluctant to do that.

If that leads me to a dead end, how about having it run on my perfectly capable Intel GPU? smile.png

I'm using Linux Mint 17 too, so I know my system isn't officially supported, but I also have this Gtk rendering issue. I have noticed this issue with other Steam games that use a Gtk interface for prelauch settings, so I wonder if this might have more to do with Steam and Linux Mint rather than Leadwerks itself.

Edit: I tried somebody3333's suggestion of adding 'GTK2_RC_FILES=/path/to/your/theme/gtkrc %command%' to the launch options, but I didn't help.

Hi,

I've booted a fresh Ubuntu 14.04 on USB, installed steam and set it to only use nVidia and I am still getting artefacts on the Leadwerk apps so no change here. I have an Asus N550JV laptop and like I mentioned, all my other apps behave.

I dont know if this is possible, but I would like to try Leadwerks stand-alone and not through Steam. I wonder if this is a possibility?

Hey, what's the actual path you are using for your gtkrc file?

Sorry for the slow response. I've been traveling.

I have GTK2_RC_FILES=/usr/share/themes/Adwaita/gtk-2.0/gtkrc as the actual path. I've tried other theme paths like .../Mint-X/gtk-2.0/gtkrc and .../Ambiance-Green/gtk-2.0/gtkrc

Edit: Nevermind I got it working with the Ambiance-Green theme. I had not changed my system theme along with the Steam launch option string when I tried before. It works fine now that I changed both.

That's great yours is fixed.

We have different rendering issues. For me, it's the 3D viewports. I was hoping it was somehow related to the GTK components. :/

I actually have the 3d viewport rendering issues too when trying to run Leadwerks on my laptop, but It works fine on my desktop PC. Both my systems run Linux Mint 17 with Nvidia cards, but my laptop has Optimus technology, so I run it through bumblebee. Are you by chance using a laptop with Optimus tech? I've wondered if that has anything to do with it, but I haven't actually looked much into it since its working fine on my desktop now.

I actually have the 3d viewport rendering issues too when trying to run Leadwerks on my laptop, but It works fine on my desktop PC. Both my systems run Linux Mint 17 with Nvidia cards, but my laptop has Optimus technology, so I run it through bumblebee. Are you by chance using a laptop with Optimus tech? I've wondered if that has anything to do with it, but I haven't actually looked much into it since its working fine on my desktop now.

Yes my laptop is using Optimus tech but I did go as far as booting and running from a USB drive and had it configured to use the nVidia GPU via nVidia prime but the glitches still occurred.