Pinned topic for usefull information from threads

YouGroove

Many times some information is not on the official docs or guide but spread in blogs or threads like for example : New collision system, new animation tools, detailled Blender FBX export, Pick collision detection for characters needs hitboxes etc ....

So new comers and others don't always find that valuable information like

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/10274-world-pick-collision-type-doesnt-work/#entry76792

Why not in programming , art thread make a pinned topic named for example "unofficial documentation" or

"code knowledge base", "art pipeline knwoledge" ?

Each user could post in it by posting a shortcut to any valuable discussion about important non documented topics.

• Upvote 2

Stop toying and make games

All C++ links are broken in the WIKI, and there is no Animation tool, ro new collision system articles.

I just pointed a communication problem on LE3 tools and features evolving and not documented.

Many threads or blogs contains the info , this is on the site not the WIKI until now.

For example Collision shapes made in the modeler are now possible, but the info is only on a blog, not documented anywhere else.

Same for some coding information about things not documented , that are found in discussions only like animated characters needing shapes collisions for pick raycast.

I just pointed that LE3 evolving the documentation and Guide to use tools or features don't follow.

I don't need that pinned topics, but it should help new comers to LE3 perhaps, it's just an idea , not a request sleep.png

Stop toying and make games

If you think something is worth it then copy and paste the text in the wiki. It would seem that wiki gets a lot of hits and usage so it would be a good place for it. I should be better with this as well honestly. I need to get more stuff in the wiki.