ProjectWizard 2.3.1 BETA avaiable

Roland

Hi

A BETA of the new updated ProjectWizard in now avaible in the Download section

You can report errors here.

TODO list for next update (planned for next weekend 6-7 Feb):

- Fix paths containg spaces

- Remove hardcoded path in some bmax templates, d:\rimfrost\Leadwerks is used instead for $(MediaDir)

- Double characters in paths will become single... as in C:\GrassDir -> C:\GrasDir

- VS2008 console+gamelib add to many files (probably all framewerks files)

AV MX Linux

Thanks Roland, will try it out in a while ;)

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

it appears there are some issues with any paths that have spaces? or anything with longer than 8 characters for a folder name? i am getting weird folders... It will not create a folder in my desktop folder, but it truncates part of my name and creates a new folder with the game directory in it?

Also, when I can get it to create a folder, using the basic bmx, it places this inside the bmx file:

RegisterAbstractPath( "C:/rimfrost/Leadwerks" ) 

instead of what I said was my SDK folder....

This is because you have hardcoded that into the basic.bmx code instead of using the "$(MediaDir)"

testing the next example...

Edit-- whenever you click the BMAX configuration it only shows LUA and Framework as possible choices. But if select BMAX, then close and reopen the ProjectWizard, it will show BASIC as a possible choice as well.

The rest of the choices appear to work just fine... other than to point out that the bmax examples use framewOrk and not framewErk as listed in the project options...

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

it appears there are some issues with any paths that have spaces? or anything with longer than 8 characters for a folder name? i am getting weird folders... It will not create a folder in my desktop folder, but it truncates part of my name and creates a new folder with the game directory in it?

Also, when I can get it to create a folder, using the basic bmx, it places this inside the bmx file:

RegisterAbstractPath( "C:/rimfrost/Leadwerks" ) 

instead of what I said was my SDK folder....

This is because you have hardcoded that into the basic.bmx code instead of using the "$(MediaDir)"

testing the next example...

Edit-- whenever you click the BMAX configuration it only shows LUA and Framework as possible choices. But if select BMAX, then close and reopen the ProjectWizard, it will show BASIC as a possible choice as well.

The rest of the choices appear to work just fine... other than to point out that the bmax examples use framewOrk and not framewErk as listed in the project options...

Thanks macklebee.

Added to my TODO list (see first post in this thread)

AV MX Linux

no problem glad i could help...

also just confirmed something with length of directory names for choosing the location where the project will be created... It sometimes truncates the name or removes a letter from a folder whose name is longer than 8 characters... For example, I tried to create my project in 'C:/GrassError/' and it create the project inside a new folder at 'C:/GrasError/' ;) weird...

as another test, I created the folder 'c:/thisisatestfolder' and my project name was 'HelloRoland'. It created the project without truncating the folder, but then it created my project folder with the name 'HeloRoland'... missing an L in hello??

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

no problem glad i could help...

also just confirmed something with length of directory names for choosing the location where the project will be created... It truncates the name or removes a letter from a folder whose name is longer than 8 characters... For example, I tried to create my project in 'C:/GrassError/' and it create the project inside a new folder at 'C:/GrasError/' ;) weird...

Aaah. I think I now the reason for that.

Thanks a lot for that info.

AV MX Linux