Emitter problem

ghoflvhxj

If I understood him correctly, then what he is trying to avoid is that emitter piercing the floor and coming from below. If you have two hallways stacked on top of each other and each has a particle emitter in it then at some viewing angles you will be able to see particles seeping through the floor. Actually I would also want to know what's the best way to avoid that.

Intel Core i7 Quad 2.3 Ghz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Windows 10 (x64)

One, I guess hacky but it'll work, way to do this is to make triggers in certain areas that will turn on/off emitters. For example if you walked up stairs to this floor, you could have a trigger that would disable that emitter below and enable the one above. You can control this via the flowgraph easy enough.

• Upvote 1

If I understood him correctly, then what he is trying to avoid is that emitter piercing the floor and coming from below. If you have two hallways stacked on top of each other and each has a particle emitter in it then at some viewing angles you will be able to see particles seeping through the floor. Actually I would also want to know what's the best way to avoid that.

Yeah, I want to say "aviod piercing"!

I tell you if i will find good way.

How did you get this effect with the emitter? Really nice smokey look. I am trying to get some fog in LE3, I don't think the emitter would be the right thing to use though.

I use emitter which in LE2 :)

One, I guess hacky but it'll work, way to do this is to make triggers in certain areas that will turn on/off emitters. For example if you walked up stairs to this floor, you could have a trigger that would disable that emitter below and enable the one above. You can control this via the flowgraph easy enough.

Ok, i understand.

thanks Rick :)