Linux 3.1 Standalone ( newest update) Auto Material creation not working

OS-- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64 bit

Grome interface, not the new unity interface.

Downloaded the newest update Linux 3.1 Standalone using the Leadwerks updater.

Updated all projects from the Project Manager.

Texture files exported from 3DCoat using the PNG format.

3DCoat was used to create the FBX file. There were no problems with exporting from 3DC before the update.

Steps to reproduce:

MyGame project.

Select new from the file menu.

Create a new folder under the models tab.

Open the folder.

Copy and paste a FBX file, diffuse file, normal map and spec map to the new model's folder.

No material mat file is generated, only the model file and texture files.

No default material mat file is created as well. This was always created in the last version.

EDIT:

For testing purposes, I tested the jpg file format as well because it as no alpha channel like the png files do...

Same result.

I thought maybe since the default compression scheme chosen by default is DXT1 which has no alpha channel, this could be part of the problem. It was not...

Second bug:

The asset new folder I created is not refresh anymore as well. I have to select another model folder and then return to the folder I created to see the model and texture files in the asset new folder's window. This was not the case before update.

post-11675-0-22286700-1400529788_thumb.png

Here is a picture of the files generated in the cube asset folder in the newest Linux standalone version.

As stated I have to select another model folder and then return to the cube folder for the folder to be refreshed.

Steps to reproduce are in my first post.

The other possible cause for both bugs is that you are compiling Linux Leadwerks under the new 14.04 OS and no longer 12.04 LTS.

14.04 is still not available in the download manager only 12.10. I can update through the terminal of course but if something goes wrong, then I am up the creek without a paddle...

post-11675-0-32284200-1400530054.png

"Texture files exported from 3DCoat using the PNG format.

3DCoat was used to create the FBX file. There were no problems with exporting from 3DC before the update."

The above quote was from my first post about the bug...

3DCoat was used to create the FBX file. There were no problems with exporting from 3DC before the update.

You mean auto-generation of materials was working before, and now it stopped?

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

"No material mat file is generated, only the model file and texture files.

No default material mat file is created as well. This was always created in the last version"

The above quote is from my first post.

In the last version before you added the new auto-material creation routine,Leadwerks would create a default material mat file. No true textures but just default greyscale material, like a lot of modelling packages. Then I would create a new material mat from my diffuse texture. Next delete the default material as it was not needed

"The new routine is supposed to add all the texture type of maps or that is my understanding of what you posted on your blog page.

""The FBX model importer will now auto-generate materials for imported models, and select the appropriate shader to use. This even works with animated models that use GPU skinning, so it's super easy to get new models into Leadwerks.""""

The new routine seems not to work well with 3DC FBX format now and no material mat is created and as stated not even a default one with the greyscale color like the last version.

Ah, I see we stopped creating materials that had no textures, because in practice it created tons of excess unwanted blank materials. So that part is correct, but I will see why it isn't picking up those textures. I can see the strings in the FBX file itself.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.