linking libs in visual 2013

AggrorJorn

I have a static library which I use for a leadwerks 3.0 project but then in VS 2010. I have created a new 3.1 C++ project and now I have trouble getting the lib to work.

I have followed all the steps from adding additional folders to specifying the lib name, but including my library simply doesn't work.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235627.aspx

Anybody having good experience with lib linking in vs2013?

I think libs built in VS need to be built with the version you are using them in. So a lib built in VS 2010 won't work in VS 2013 (I think).

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1600399/are-c-libs-created-with-different-versions-of-visual-studio-compatible-with-ea

This is why you see people offer source with build files so that you can build for whatever version you want.

i think it has to do with the name mangling C++ does. Now I've heard of people building their libs in C (no name mangling) and wrapping it in C++ using fancy stuff like function pointers and c style classes (Structs with function pointers).

bool Life()
{
 while(death=false)
 {
   if(death==true)
   return death;
 }
}

I have found the secret to infinite life

Did I help you out? Like my post!

I actually rebuild the lib for debug and release with visual studio 2013 without errors.

Where visual studio 2010 recognised the lib and I was able to succesfully link, it doesn't do anything in 2013 with the new libs. After setting the command output to verbose (/VERBOSE). I get no messages on that the library is linked succesfully but neither are errors being displayed.

With 2010 everything works just fine. If someone is willing to check out if they can link it, I will post the lib tonight.