Collision Shape Automation

tjheldna

I'm finding the current collision shape generation method a bit clunky, as everything else imports automatically it's a bit strange that this does not and the feature is a bit hidden unless you know how.

This has really come to my attention for the creation of buildings where I'm frequently re importing to quickly to make sure thing's measure up by walking around in game (before I get too committed with texturing etc).

This is just my idea...

- Have a "Polymesh" and "Convex" option in the drop down list, under the physics tab. If either is selected a shape generates to be used for all instances.

- Also the shape's regenerate if the model changes or re-imported.

- Maybe a bit of cleanup too so say if you generate a convex hull and then you change it to a box. A check is done to see if any other instances are using it in the world. If not the shape auto deletes.

- Definitely still keep the option to generate your own shape and select it, in case you want to use a more optimised shape.

Cheers!

• Upvote 2
trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

I had the same issue yesterday with some models I was working on. I was modeling it and Leadwerks was updating the mesh in real time. I just wanted to run the scene and have the collision update accordingly. So I wrote a lua script that automates it for me. I'll share the script tomorrow when I get off work.