Compiling from Code::Blocks

Yasha

I get errors when opening up a brand new project from the first time and trying to compile the empty project from within Code::Blocks:

/usr/bin/ld: /home/alex/Leadwerks/Library/Linux/Debug/Leadwerks.a(Thread.o): undefined reference to symbol 'pthread_create@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
//lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line

Fixed this by adding -pthread (not -lpthread) to the front of the last compile step. Also then had to add -lX11 before it would link. (Done from the terminal, not sure how to add things from within CB.)

I assume having to do this is not normal?

I'm running Debian Jessie rather than Ubuntu but I also assume that the instructions issued by the IDE are project- rather than OS-dependent, so this strikes me as something worth bringing up.

Also found that running the program from within CB simply produced a black screen... the first two times, then it showed the boxes, as expected, and as happens immediately when running from within the editor. Again I assume this is not normal.

• Upvote 1

Hi

(Edit : Saw You have found the sollution as i commented below..... looks like it is needed for other distroes than Ubuntu (?) ).

Had the same problem using Mint. Go to "Project->Build Options" select build profile (Debug/Release) and then the tab for "Linker settings". Add pthread and X11 to the list of libraries to link to. This made my test game work.

BR

Eirik

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
Guest zergling

Hello everyone,

Sorry my dumb question, but once I installed Code::Blocks, which project should I create?

Could someone please tell me step by step how to set Code::Clocks up to make it work with Lua?

Bye and thanks in advance.

Could someone please tell me step by step how to set Code::Clocks up to make it work with Lua?

Short answer (onhanded typing still :( )

"Code::Blocks is a free C, C++ and Fortran IDE"

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k