Pro-Backer Question

timetrx

Hello, I backed Leadwerks through Kickstarter.

First of all, I want to say thank you very much for helping bring game development to Linux and thank you for all the work that has gone into bug fixes and excellent the support I have seen so far. Can't wait for that Intel Backport!

Second, I backed on the Pro Backer level, will the people that backed it from that level get an upgrade from the Indie Version to the Standard Version on Steam or do we get an standalone once it comes to Windows/Mac?

Thank you.

In any case you get the standard Leadwerks version for Linux, Windows and Mac (if released). So Leadwerks Indie + upgrade to Standard.

I believe that you have to chose between a Steam license or a standanlone application.

Have you emailed support with this question? Because you should already have access to the available platforms.

I vaguely recall something about having to make that choice, question is how do we do that? maybe a premature question as the linux version isn't out for steam yet - but still

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

Yes that is how Josh handles it.

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/9215-version-31-delivery-plans-with-steam-key-option/

I do not understand why people have to make a choice between them though. Why not give a key that is both used for Steam as well as the standalone updater? There is probably a very good reason for this but I am not seeing it.