Witch - Hunter

MasteR

The project that I am currently involved in is looking for team members and upon request from the project head I'm putting the below post up. Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whitchhunterposterlores.jpg

Team Name:

Mannequin Software

Project Name:

Witch-Hunter: Demon Within

Brief Description:

Witch-Hunter is an action oriented RPG, playing from a first person perspective players explore Steam Punk London and the rest of a supernatural Europe, with the likes of murky swamps and dark castles.

With a large arsenal of fictional weapons players will fight off against such creatures as Vampires, Werewolves and Zombies some of which may have mechanical upgrades. The world history of Witch-Hunter is huge, we have developed a document similar to the "Halo Story Bible" and it includes world history covering everything from the 1400's AD to 1999.

Target Aim:

While Retail is a dream, we will be aiming for a Shareware release in a similar fashion to what id Software did with DOOM. But also to a more modern and advanced area. Steam might be an outlet which will prevent a lot of piracy which we are considering.

Technology:

* Leadwerks 2.3 Engine

* Microsoft Visual C++

Talent Needed:

(A side note: Any member of the team can also work as a designer and add ideas and so forth. This is quite an open project)

3D Art:

* Rigger/Animator

2D Art:

* Weapon Artist (Graph paper and diagrams are preferred)

* Level Layout Design (Graph Paper and Diagrams are, yet again, preferred)

* Storyboard Artists (May be a secondary job to one of the ones above)

* Texture Artists

Programming:

* Web Designer

* Programmers

Later on we will need Level Designers but not right now.

Current Team Structure

Project Manager & Lead Designer: Tom May

Lead Programmer: MasteR

Lead Artist: Eoghan Cowan

Artists: Simon

Community Manager: Jordan Fletcher-Blain

Writers: Bjorn Worpell

Composer/Writer: Dave Matney

Website

As of now we don't have a website as such, but we do have a forum. Its quite empty and is full of ridiculous posts. But that's the open area, if you join go into the Member Introductions and introduce yourself as someone who wants to help you will be granted access to the Game Development forums (which are even more empty, but hopefully will become more developed...ironic?)

www.witchhunter-forum.darkbb.com

Contact

For any enquires the project lead can be contacted via email:

tjpmay@tpg.com.au

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll leave with a link to a more in depth rundown of the project and a small selection of concept art.

http://www.moddb.com/forum/thread/3d-artists-leadwerks-programmers-project-manager-wanted-for-fpsrpg-steampunk-game-called-witch-hunter-demon-within

mechsmall.jpg

Londonenviromentcopymockuplores.jpg

modelsheetloresFINcopy.jpg

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ (3.0 GHz)

4 GB DDR2 RAM

2 x NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 512 MB (SLI 1.0 GB)

Windows XP Pro

Very impressive presentation. You seem to be approaching this professionally with sufficient info, concepts and realistic time scales to attract the callibre of people you are probably looking for. I wish you every luck with this and am very pleased to see you have chosen Leadwerks.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

• 6 months later...

Hmm, looking good so far. I see lots of very nice concept art and hear of game design documents and huge storylines. But has any line of code already been written? A coding concept, rough class design maybe? A list of oodules/parts/sub-engines that will be needed?

How close is that demo in which work seems to be invested? Any pre-alpha screenshots?

Is there any need for programmers yet? What work that can be played have you guys done so far (considering that this project seems to be 1 yr in the makings already)?

If coding is in fact going on, what collaboration platform are you using?

More please... xD

Maybe I'd like to contribute.

Hmm, looking good so far. I see lots of very nice concept art and hear of game design documents and huge storylines. But has any line of code already been written? A coding concept, rough class design maybe? A list of oodules/parts/sub-engines that will be needed?

How close is that demo in which work seems to be invested? Any pre-alpha screenshots?

Is there any need for programmers yet? What work that can be played have you guys done so far (considering that this project seems to be 1 yr in the makings already)?

If coding is in fact going on, what collaboration platform are you using?

More please... xD

Maybe I'd like to contribute.

I became involved with this project as you say around 1 year ago but as the initial post stated this thread was made at request of the project head. The project itself I quickly discovered was not at a stage where it was ready for collaboration. I've been working with the project head since that date, slowly sorting out the details of what he was after and helping him work through the project in what I consider to be the smartest way.

So with that said I have chosen not to write a single line of code until the project has a complete and detailed design which is at a stage where programmers can get involved.

As for a detailed update here goes:

• Most importantly the project is still in full swing and work has never waned

• The project is on so grand a scale that it was decided to initially develop a demo to allow the current members to get used to the ideas and practices of team work within a project of a much smaller magnitude, also a demo will provide something to “show” to attract funding and serious collaborators for the project itself.

• The demo plot is finalized

• The game play document is finalized

• Obviously the engine has been decided upon

• Initial concept art for the demo level has been created (we’re all very impressed with this)

• The demo’s level design is currently in full swing (thank you Guest_Belfast_*)

• The project head is currently seeking a concept artist to work with on designing the demos main character.

Now as a demo project was decide upon post my involvement the main game itself already has a finalized and detailed plot ready for when the real development can begin.

In answer to the programming specific questions, I am just that, a programmer, so even though I have not put pen to paper so to speak, class designs, hierarchies and possible game modules have been formulating in my head from day one.

I won’t give an estimated release date, but the main cause for any delay is, as most of you would already know, is finding the right people who are willing and able to contribute. If half a dozen 3d modelers, concept artist, programmers, etc. came forward tomorrow, hell you might be seeing the demo out within a month, but we all know this does not happen so the project continues along at the pace it can.

I’m always around on the forum and happy to talk more but for collaboration offers I think it best to send them straight to the project head “Tom” at, tjpmay @ tpg.com.au

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ (3.0 GHz)

4 GB DDR2 RAM

2 x NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 512 MB (SLI 1.0 GB)

Windows XP Pro

• 1 month later...