Open game 2

Josh

We totally hijacked this topic:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/8946-leadwerks-opengame-project/

But the idea is a good one. I have wanted to make an open source multiplayer game for a long time. Basically the whole thing would be a framework for crazy mods; chicken-firing weapons, giant cats that shoot fireballs out of their eyes. You know, the fun stuff.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

In one image, you just summed up the greatness of PC gaming.

The Steam Workshop will facilitate all of this because it compartmentalizes assets each author has ownership of, and makes file synchronization dead simple. One person might be making cats, another person makes guns, and another person assembles them together into a scripted prefab and publishes that. The participants don't have to agree to work together, or even be aware they are. They just have their items in the Workshop that they publish and update for others to use.

We need some multiplayer support for this.

Everything else we need is already in Leadwerks.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.