Bug Listing 8th of february 2014

cowlol

Hey guys,

here is a bug report for the Beta users! Before I start with listing all the glitches, I first would like to say that the developers are doing a very great job with Leadwerks. I've had a very positive expirience with using it, the customers support is great, and the community is awesome!

The list:

-when creating terrain that nearly goes straight up you can still climb it (has to do with the fix that when you walk on terrain your character starts shaking a lot). This does not apply when building navmesh: the AI can still climb under only a specific angle.

*look video link 1

-when updating your project, you might come across issues if you have imported files. Easy way to get around this is by creating a new project, and importing all the files (such as App.lua and start.map) so you have got your same map and scripts again.

-when trying to publish the game (so you get the .exe installation file) it doesn't work (might be user-related). I get this error (not a pop up, but in the output (not the script editor output):

Error: Failed to read file ''C:/Users/Jongkind/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/AlienInsurgency\Alien Insurgency.exe''

Please note that it says ''/Projects/AlienInsurgency\Alien Insurgency.exe'' Why do we first get / and then suddenly \?

I do have a AlienInsurgency.exe file but not a Alien Insurgency.exe file. The project itself is called Alien Insurgency (so with a space between it). It can be fixed by renaming ''AlienInsurgency.exe'' to ''Alien Insurgency.exe''. If you have a project with a [space] in it's name, you might have the same issue. The fix is simple though.

-(long) props that are laying on the terrain start bounching when you shoot at them

*look video link 1

*Video link 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDL6Z67_xYs

9th of february 2014

-Game crashes after self.world:Release in this script:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/emu4spt2tk4u86x/App.lua

Can be fixed by removing self.world:Release() or self.world:Clear()

I think this has to do with the fix for Debug Assertion Failed! error that I've had before.

You found a bug or a glitch as well? Leave a message behind and I'll update the list!

• 7 months later...