Possible create physic object in scene ?

YouGroove

Could it be possible and how in LE3 :

The player could make appear some basic physic shape like box, sphere,cylinder in front of him in the scene, it is possible to detect if it is not enought room to create the physic shape ?

Like near a wall you can't create it, on in a small room if it is not enought space ?

Stop toying and make games

dont know what exactly you will do but I would just create a shape from codeside

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/documentation/_/command-reference/shape/

if you need more than one shapes (one equals the model itsself, one is for the offset detection) I would scale the basic shape or create an other shape as offset or use AABB

It doesn´t work... why? mhmmm It works... why?

If you know the AABB dimensions of the shape you want to make, then you can easily do some basic math to see if it would fit.

The problem how can you calculate AABB oriented box collision against a complex model collision that could be the level ?

You would have to go throught all polygons of level and check if one or none intersect the AABB box.

Ok i found something perhaps simple and effective : RAYCASTING

-Just calculate 8 cube points non oriented bounding box of geometry to create (cube,cylinder, any shape)

- Scale a bit the cube more bigger (security safe collision)

- call raycasting on each edges of that bounding cube

If something collides with one or more edgeof the bounding cube , you can't create your geometry caus there is collision.

Sometimes asking brings the response.

Stop toying and make games