(Fixed) Problem generating materials for flowers, file already exists

Mordred

Hello fellow Leadwerkers,

i'm writing, because i again have some trouble. I have several textures, called "Plant_a", "Plant_b", "Plant_c" and so on. They do fit on models named the same way. The problem is, if i start converting some of those textures (strangely not all) to a material the Engine keeps telling me "File Plant.mat already exists, do you wish to overwrite it?". Even though, when i delete that file, the engine does create a new one, but the name in the assets tab is smth. different (Instead of callint it Plant_a it's maybe Plant_x since i renamed the file once to Plant_x to get over that issue --> didnt work).

Does anyone had the same issue and might know a solution for this?

In short:

Texturefile named "Plant_a" shall be converted to a material

Message "File Plant.mat already exists, do you want to overwrite?"

Hitting yes --> exery model that had the old "Plant.mat" texture is changed to the new one (and thus it's not fitting anymore).

Yea, i already deleted that file, but the problem is, i have like 8 or 10 textures, who all get the same name, so i can't use like 8 to 10 models, since the materials they use always change, depending what texture i create.

Maybe it's important to know, that those texture files are in .dds format? Does it change anything? Can it be an error in the creation process of those files?