Checking for active window?

Uocjat

Greetings!

So I've been thwacking away at Leadwerks indie edition for the last couple of days trying to get my footing and it's going pretty well so far despite a few things that seem to be missing here and there (and usually be worked around so not too bad)

I currently have a quite simple 3rd/1st person controller running around with mouse look largely taken from the tutorials

the problem I'm having though is that the part of the mouse look that's resetting the mouse to the center of the screen seems to run even when alt-tabbing effectively locking the mouse to one point on the screen

I've tried with full screen as well in hopes that I might just be an issue to do with the 'game' still being on screen but same thing

so my question is -

is there anyway to check if the game I currently the active window or am I going to have to come up with a different solution for mouse looking all together? (even if I end up doing that it's still something I'd like to have for a sort of pause on unfocus though)

I guess I could just check for minimized but then I'd have not support windowed which is an option I personally prefer to have

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...