Callbacks in LEO

Laurens

Hi,

Could someone please give me an example of how to create a callback using LEO? I currently have the following (non-functional) code:

ball.cpp

ball.SetCallback((byte*)paddle->EntityCollisionCallback, ENTITYCALLBACK_COLLISION);

paddle.h

void EntityCollisionCallback(TEntity source, TEntity destination, byte* position, byte* normal, byte* force, float speed);

Thanks!

Since LEO is just a wrapper for LE, at it's core it's still uses LE's function to setup callbacks. It sucks, I know.

I have a way to map these to class members but it's probably just as easy to use the C style. Even the mapping way is done with the normal C callback, but inside that callback you map it back to the class function to call. Would have been cooler if LEO did that automatically.

Well my code compiles now. A new issue has risen though. My code now looks like this:

ball.cpp

ball.SetCallback((byte*)Paddle::EntityCollisionCallback, ENTITYCALLBACK_COLLISION);

paddle.cpp

void _stdcall Paddle::EntityCollisionCallback(TEntity source, TEntity destination, byte* position, byte* normal, byte* force, float speed)
{
int type = GetEntityType(source);
}

The method is declared static in the header of the Paddle class.

When I run it, it detects a collision, calls the callback method between 8 to 16 times (approximately) (10 runs) without updating or rendering in between, and then craps out on framework.Update(), giving me an AccessViolationException.

Any idea what's going on here?

If I comment out the

ball.SetCallback((byte*)Paddle::EntityCollisionCallback, ENTITYCALLBACK_COLLISION);

part, than everything runs perfectly fine. The paddle nor the ball gets destroyed at any point. If I set a breakpoint in the callback function, all variables also get properly set. No bad pointers whatsoever.

Replacing the LEO function with the normal C function does not change it. I even replaced all LEO structures with the standard C structures and yet the problem persists :angry:

EDIT: Replacing framework.Update() with UpdateWorld() fixes the issue. I suppose this does lead to other problems since I am using Framework to render.

Putting it on the tracker.