Leadwerks Editor will not open (Exception Access Violation)

Joshua

I was trying to open my Leadwerks 3.0 Editor and I received an Exception Access Violation when it started loading the 'grid.shader' file. I do have a copy of Leadwerks 3.1 under Steam which is installed under the steamApps directory. My initial install directory for Leadwerks 3.0 is in the root directory of my (E:) partition. Both editions were working earlier today so I am unsure what the problem might be. I was not using the Leadwerks editor of either version prior to the error. I was programming my project from within Visual Studios 2010 Ultimate Edition.

I have never tired running both editions at the same time. I have noticed that sometimes Leadwerks 3.1 under Steam will try and access the files/projects from the Leadwerks 3.0 directory but usually it results in a message box displaying the editor is unable to load the project.

I looked for a possible .log file within the Leadwerks 3.0 directory that might contain any error reports but could not find one. I will try repatching the Leadwerks 3.0 installer with the Leadwerks 3.0 Updater later this evening to see if it resolves my problem. Please let me know if there is anything further information I can supply.

In order to comply with Windows UAC, the editor writes the config file to "C:\Users\username\AppData\local\Leadwerks\Leadwerks.cfg". You can delete this file to restore the default settings.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.