Camera->Pick() Terrain

It does work. Internally, camera::Pick just calculates some points and then calls World::Pick. Make sure you are up-to-date with the update utility.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I've run the updater then updated my project via the Project manager without success. Here is my terrain set-up code and my pick code;

//App::Start()
Terrain* terrain = Terrain::Create(1024);
terrain->SetLayerTexture(0, Texture::Load("Textures/Terrain/grass_diffuse_1.tex"));
terrain->SetLayerScale(0, 3.0, 3.0);

//App::Loop()
if(window->MouseHit(1)==true)
{
PickInfo pickinfo;
Vec3 pos=window->GetMousePosition();
if(camera->Pick(pos.x,pos.y,pickinfo,0.2,true))
{
Entity* selected=pickinfo.entity;
}
}

Perhaps I'm not setting up the terrain correctly?

The terrain API is current;y not documented/supported because I can't guarantee it will work on all systems reliably (mobile), whereas building terrain in the editor will always work.

The terrain constructor sets the pick mode to 2, so it should work.

In an older version of the engine, terrain could not be picked.

If you continue to have problems, please upload a simple example and I will debug it.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

My current build handle raycasting correctly. However, sphere casting (radius>0) does not seem to be working correctly on terrain, and the results are even glitchy on models...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...