Some feedback on Leadwerks 3

YouGroove

Yes after a good use, some good tries, here is some feelings and feedback.

Don't take it bad, it just reflect some headhaches i had on some stuff laugh.png

what is really lacking :

- Editor refinments (uniform scale, camera gizmo and direction, child objects modified as parent etc ... etc ... )

- Terrain directionnal light for openGL2 is missing , actually no lightening (and actual multitexture shader is strange )

- BSP booleans, BSP UV scaling on all faces at same time without having to select you 32 faces one per one , and lot of usefull needs posted on suggestion

- GUI is essential for games, and LE3 has nothing for now.

- Terrain is too basic for eye candy PC games : no grass and terrain paint like LE2. This is so much missing.

- And some good bugs appear from time to time to block you on standard stuff (like the last terrain bug loosing the terrain heigttmap just blocked me).

- I am aware new rendering is on the way , and Linux, but why no idea or direction on what to do with Blender ?

- It lacks all around tools and plugins you find elsewhere on others solutions, again when could be planned custom scripts running in the editor ?

Well i feel lot more like some beta tester reporting bugs each time i'm stuck, for a beta product.

That's not the case in UDK or other indie package, the standard 3D features and more are reasy to use without problem.

Even for making some mini game i got stuck each time, it was some blocking problem, than character controller , now it has been terrain , what will be next ?

And suggestions are pick up from time to time, even strong needs to make world editing easier are forgotten lot of times, at least it should be a marking system to say : OK that important one is tagged to be done someday.

LE3 has some good things, but they are unfinished and buggy, it just needs lot more time to become complete and stable.

I'll just wait to see what will be planned after Linux and OpenGL4, caus i wait more for better refined editor, better BSP (boolean and others) , better terrain system, and open editor system indeed.

I just let down terrain and BSP use for several reasons or bugs, but i just keep going on with LE3 on some Mario 64 game like, nothing extraordinary.

Stop toying and make games

I just tested and for example what is now correct :

-terrain gizmo is correct now

-At least one directionnal light affects terrain : it was so much missing.

I recognize even if we have features eralier with problems, each update correct important stuff and make LE3 evolve better.

Even terrain is good enought now with directionnal light taken account (only strange multitexture shader annoy me laugh.png )

Stop toying and make games