Character controller collision fall through floor (Project included)

Hi Josh,

I've just done a quick project to show the first of my character controller issues.

The character controller goes through walls floors at higher velocities. In this demo the higher the character falls, the more he passes through the floor.

Cheers

trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

I might have lessened the default gravity in my build because I don't see any issue here. His left foot goes into the ground a bit, but it looks like this is a result of the model orientation, not the collision.

If the velocity is so great he travels greater than his step height, the character will fall through the ground.

This is what I see:

Screen Shot 2013-08-27 at 5.07.14 PM.png

Hi Admin,

I get a similar result on my desktop, however if you press 1 to show collision, the cylinder does go into the ground a bit. This screen is taken on my Mac pro, the results are worse.

Your right I should have made sure the model was more correctly orientated first.

trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

I think there's two things going on:

• Your default gravity value in your build is probably higher than mine. At some point, there will be intersection like this.
  • On closer inspection, the character does sink in and then pulls back up as soon as he moves. So there is something wrong there I need to fix.

Okay, there were two problems I fixed. The player can now fall at very high speeds and lands perfectly, and his falling motion is also smooth now instead of being jittery. Will include this in the next update.

• Upvote 1