Adding key values to entities in the editor

Rick

Would be nice to have a built-in way to add key/values pairs to entities. Since key values are built into the engine anyway, it would be nice if the editor allows us to add these key/value pairs to any entity without having to write a custom script for each situation to do so. Some sort of key/value collection for every entity. A dialog to add/remove would be ideal. The storage could be JSON in 1 field of the editor, but it automatically sets these when the game starts.

I could make a script for this and it would be automatic for the user IF we had multiple scripts. With the 1 script system the user would have to include a lua file that defines the textbox to hold the key/value pairs, and edit this 1 textbox themselves. Then include a function inside Start() to assign them to the entity at startup. Very cumbersome and ugly.

Man it's hard knowing that this could be done by me and very dynamic. If there was a text field property that had a button like '...' (like the file open) which we define as launching an exe and the return value of the exe would just be a string that gets stored in the textfield and we had multiple scripts I could make a pretty neat, dynamic system for this. sad.png