New User Just Installed - DLL Error

Karnage

Hi Guys,

I have just installed the full version of Leadwerks 3 (tried 3 times from the updater) but am not able to launch the application.

I am getting the following error:

DLLError.png

The trial version ran ok? I am running Windows 8 & Nvidia 660Ti - I have all the latest C++ Redist's installed alongside VS2012.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately that did not work :( when running the vcredist_x86.exe the dialogue box advised that it was already installed. I did the repair option but I still get the same dll missing error?

I'm running Windows 8 x64 Pro if that helps to pin point the issue.

That message is saying that you do not have the Visual Studio 2010 runtime DLLs installed (or you do, but it can't find where they are). To the best of my knowledge, having VS 2012 should make no difference - I'm don't ever remember my VS 2008 installation installing the VS 2005 runtimes for example.

If the Leadwerks 3 installer is supposed to install this, then it probably did (but it probably didn't put it in the right place). Try using the find files utility, and search all your hard drives for this file. If you find it, then place it in the same folder as your Leadwerks 3 executable. Be advised though, that there are probably several missing files though, so when (or if) you find that one, it will probably say the same thing for a slightly different DLL.

If you can't find these DLL files on your computer, and the installer is supposed to install them, then check if your user account has permission to write to the system directories (regular users aren't allowed to do this by default).

• Upvote 1

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)

Ah ha, thanks Mumbles - I fixed it! I needed to install VS 2010 express alongside VS 2012 :) Now all works as expected. I suppose a question to the Leadwerks devs is will you make LW's compatible with VS 2012 (seeing as it looks like MS are just about to retire VS 2010 as 2013 preview is now available)? :)