hidden models collide

So according to the documentation here hidden entities are not supposed to collide with anything.

I have 8 models being loaded, hidden, then shapes loaded. Doing some investigation, with a lot of help from rick, we (he) discovered that when the mass was set to 0, the entities didn't react to one another. As soon as we added a mass of 1 to the entities, they reacted to one another while still hidden. my current work around is to maintain a mass of 0 until i display the models. this isn't ideal and puts additional strain on the computer.

Hope this is enough information. If you need anymore just let me know and i'll be happy to help.

~Xtreampb~

bool Life()
{
 while(death=false)
 {
   if(death==true)
   return death;
 }
}

I have found the secret to infinite life

Did I help you out? Like my post!

I don't think it's the setting of the mass to 1 at a later time that causes the slow down, I think it's having so many collisions. The question then is how many collisions should LE3 be able to handle without slowing down much?

I don't see the original mention of any performance concerns, so the conversation there makes no sense to me.

From the NewtonDynamicsBody class:

//Return is either entity is hidden
       if (body0->entity->Hidden()) return 0;
       if (body1->entity->Hidden()) return 0;

It should be impossible for hidden objects to collide. Please post a simple example I can use the produce the error.