BSP copy : Offset changed

I have some stairs with some UV scale and shift to target right texture portion.

I select a good stairs cube, than copy it with CTRL and mouse drag, the last two copies are bad, caus the original UV have been changed after copy ?

offsetchange.jpg

Stop toying and make games

Why not just use a cg brush since it's just a rectangle?

Sorry if that's what you have done looks like a model or maybe that's the texture.

You could use the manual options to reset & offset the texture as desired.

Operation Mosquito

Recruiting 3d Modeller/Animator. (pm if interested)

It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can do only a little. Do what you can. - Sydney Smith

The basic first stair si a created box in CSG mode.

I just copied it, so all stairs are CSG copied boxes.

What i don't understand is what happened with last two ?

I copied first box like i did for others, but last two boxes got their UV changed ? and i just copied like previous ones.

Could it be models or boxes, or whatever :

Never change UV of copied objects laugh.png , it's a simple good corking copy i ask.

I really like LE3 with shaders and lightmapping, let's us point problems and needs for this great BSP system to become better and better wink.png

I think i understand more what you mean now, in a level I'm working on I am using the stock dev textured, if you make a flat panel (any size) copy it a few times and connect the edges, the texture by default appears seamless and matches up great. I think by default it's designed for larger objects such as walls and it allows the 'n' shape around a door or the 'o' around a window to quickly match up the textures without needing to fuss aligning them.

I quite like this as a default methodology but your suggestion for a more advanced adjustment option sounds good.

Operation Mosquito

Recruiting 3d Modeller/Animator. (pm if interested)

It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can do only a little. Do what you can. - Sydney Smith

If you have one 4096*4096 texture containing 256*256 tiling textures, you will need to adjust UV for objects using that 4096 texture.

Some big engines, allows also to declare sub tiling textures from one big texture.

But i don't aks that :)

I would like copy to work and not alter BSP UVs.

I posted also on "suggestions" thread the possibility to adjust UV visually for BSP surfaces.

If not possible, it will be lacking a lot , and the way will be to work with models instead.

If this is referring to the UV coordinates being offset when the object is moved, this is working as intended. Adding a texture lock feature would make the behavior act as the OP is expecting.