Specular issue

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with the spec map. I'm using the dynamic diffuse+normal+specular.shader.

In the image below the spec texture is mainly black with the mossy bits whiter. Now looking at the teapot the texture is just showing the entire texture with specular where I would expect the brick parts would have mainly no spec, like it's ignoring the map. I have tested with an entirely black spec map with no change.

Don't know if I'm doing something wrong or it's a bug?

Cheers!

trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

Hi Shadmar,

I've just tried setting the spec to white and the alpha = 255 still not difference. Even if I change the specular colour it does nothing. Playing around with LIght mapped material's the specular map works fine. It's just the Dynamic that I can't get it to make any difference.

trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

Ok I fluked this.

It looks like the spec in diffuse+normal+specular.shader (Dynamic) under OpenGL 2.1 has some code missing. Looking at the OpenGL ES 2.0 These lines are missing.....

uniform sampler2D texture2;//specular map

//Specular map

color_specular *= texture2D(texture2,ex_texcoords0);

lighting_specular *= color_specular;

As soon as I added them in the specular map started to work.

• 2 weeks later...