Kinematic Joint Jitter on edges

SpiderPig

I'm moving the cylinder around with a kinematic joint.  As you can see in the video it will slide nicely against smooth surfaces, but anything with hard edges it can sometimes get stuck, and it keeps trying to push through it.  You can see if I keep the key down to move the cylinder toward the box when it's at the corner it will go through slightly and begin to jitter.  Is this a physics issue or something I should program into the controller?  E.g.  Stop trying to moving forward if a collision is detected (I would have thought though the physics system should be handling this).

You may need to lower the max force and torque the joint is allowed to use. It looks like you might be using very high values.

Also, I have found convex hulls to provide better collision results than polygon meshes.

• Thanks 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

1 minute ago, SpiderPig said:

Yeah they are bit high.... FLT_MAX for both force & torque ^_^  No way I was letting that cylinder be influenced by anything!  I'll try a convex hull too.  Is that what your player controller uses?

I mean for the scene collision. I use convex hulls for brushes now and they work a lot better.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.