Ultra Engine Pro Win11 compiling ultra map c++ include files path problem

Go to solution Solved by Josh,

Hi, i am new and rather inexperienced.

installed UltraEngine Pro on Win11

VS2022 could not find ultraengine.h

added extra include path in project settings and that solved it.

Problem is that for every extra include path i add to the project, new missing include files pop up.

New projects with Lua profile works fine, no problems there.

Thanks in advance, 

Hasselmania

When you create a new project in the editor, it will ask to add an environment variable pointing to the engine's path.

On Windows, Ultra Engine uses an environment variable to specify the location of header and library files. This will be created automatically by the standalone installer, or you may asked for permission to add it during project creation. You can also add an environment variable manually called "ULTRAENGINE" and set its value to your install location (typically "C:\Program Files\Ultra Engine").

You can manually edit the system environment variables here:

image.thumb.png.264940d330ad8573a7380d383b3aa2b6.png

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

( as Administrator ) I created the environment variable : ULTRAENGINE = C:\Program Files\Ultra Engine ( notworking )

changed it to ULTRAENGINE = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ultra Engine Pro\Include ( not working )

added msvc project include path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ultra Engine Pro\Include ( works, but only for ultraengine.h)

after that i added msvc include path for freetype fonts headers and newton headers, but new missing include files keep coming.

I installed UltraEngine Pro through Steam.  whereas: c:\program files\Ultra Engine : contains:  map:UI , file:Client but no direct Ultra Engine installation

I reboot , remove and create new projects all the time but did not succeed in compiling the project  with msvc 2022 version 17.9 because of msvc unable to find header files.

what am i missing?

• Solution

The path should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ultra Engine Pro".

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.