Project & UnProject

SpiderPig

This may be silly but I'm constantly forgetting which function does what when it comes to the camera functions Project() & UnProject().  It might be helpful if the first argument of both commands were renamed to "Vec3 &screen_position" & "Vec3 &world_position" respectively.  That way it be easy to identify what does what! :D

Yes, I always forget which is which. Maybe these should be ScreenToWorld and WorldToScreen?

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

10 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

Also screen_position should probably be an iVec3 like is returned by window->GetMousePosition(), unless there's a need for it to be Vec3?

z coordinate is the distance in front of the camera.

• Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

6 hours ago, Josh said:

Yes, I always forget which is which. Maybe these should be ScreenToWorld and WorldToScreen?

Yeah, in one of my projects I made a wrapper for them.  I called them CastToScreen and CastToWorld.  Naming them to show what they do will help.