VS 2022 v17.9.4 Error C1083 Cannot open include file: 'UltraEngine.h': No such file or directory

Kickaha-1956

Go to solution Solved by EirikNesje,

Hi, I purchased the Steam version of UltraEngine Pro.  After creating a C++ project, and running VS 2022 to compile it, I get the following error message.

Error    C1083    Cannot open include file: 'UltraEngine.h': No such file or directory    C++_Test    f:\projects\ultraengine\tutorials\c++_test\source\ultraengine.cpp    1        

I have created an Environmental Variable that contains the path to the UltraEngine Pro app, as you explained in an earlier post, but still get the above error message.   I tried copying the UltraEngine.h file into my project directory and that works, but the compiler will just complain about the next header filer being missing.

Can you help?

Thanks in advance,

Michael D. Buffington

You probably need to restart Visual Studio after editing the env var. If you launch VS from the Ultra Editor, you would need to restart the editor, since I think child processes inherit the env vars the parents have, which are loaded at process start and do not update when the user changes them.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Okay, that worked, but....  Now I get the following error msg. 

Error    C1083    Cannot open include file: 'tgmath.h': No such file or directory    C++_Test    e:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\ultra engine pro\include\framework.h 

I believe that's a C11, Type-generic math library header.

Excellent!  I already had the latest version of Windows 10 SDK installed, but I uninstalled and reinstalled it to be safe.  It still didn't work.  But, after a little research into Windows 10 SDK, I found out that I needed to retarget the VS solution and that did the trick!  Thanks for your help!

• Like 1