Shortkeys

k3nt

Hello, i just downloaded the engine, like less than an hour ago actually. I just had a couple of questions
1. Is there any shortkey to switch between the viewports? Like for example if my cursor is currently over a 2D viewport, i simply click ctrl + tab(for example) and it switches from the top to the left perspective, and if i just press it again switch from left to back perspective. Literally like in the Radiant level editor. 
2. Are there any shortkeys to switch between the movement tool, rotation tool and so on.
3. Can i move the perspectie windows? For example i want to have the 3D  perspective on the right side and the 2D one on the left.

Thanks in advance!

Hi (and welcome, if I may say so...) If there are short keys attached to specific actions they are stated in the toolbar view - for instance; at point 2 in your question you ask if there are short-keys for translation, rotation and scale - these do exist and they are also stated in their respective toolbar position: If you look under edit on the toolbar you will see each one towards the bottom of the context menu and next to each the short-key assigned.

For reference these are Translate Shift + T Rotate Shift + R and Scale Shift + S.

In terms of view-ports I have found it easiest to right click on the view-port and choose the view-port option from there - for instance if I want the 3D view-port to be the only one visible I would click on that view-port to select it then right click to bring up the context menu and choose Single view-port - its also possible to do this without selecting the view-port first but I'm used to doing this from Leadwerks and old habits die hard...

You can move all of the windows about change how many are visible shrink and resize etc. and can come back to the engine with these settings effectively saved. I believe (please correct if this is wrong) that these settings are stored in the JSON in Program Data entitled settings.data

Hopefully that is helpful, rather than waffle :-)

Yeah, you're right about the scale, movement and rotation thing. I know I can resize the viewport windows but only inside in the app, i cannot move one of the windows out of the monitor and dock it to my 2nd monitor for example. And yeah, I understand that you might be used to that but i think having to press CTRL + TAB(just like in Radiant) its easier tbh. I know that the engine is still in development but I asked in case I could do certain things but I just didn't figure out how to. Thanks btw!

I suppose the point that was perhaps not clear is that all of these settings are stored in a JSON file and this could. presumably, be edited and added to to accomplish the look and feel that you require so I would, if I were you, start there...