Problem Laptop

MetalOS

Go to solution Solved by MetalOS,

Hello,

I have just installed UltraEngine on my laptop with the vulkan sdk and the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. When I launch UltraEngine I can create a new project but once I double-click on this new project to launch it in the editor the software completely cuts out and nothing happens.

Ultra will always have higher system requirements than Leadwerks, but most Intel graphics chips are likely to be supported in the future. I know what the issue is but I have to write some fallbacks to accommodate them.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I have just tried the beta channel and therefore version 0.9.3 and I encountered this error on my laptop which seems to concern Vulkan. Is there a specific manipulation to be done or is it simply that this version of UltraEngine is not yet compatible with my GPU?

0.9.3.png

• 2 months later...

I just tried the latest version 0.9.5. I managed to open a project created with version 9.0.4 but with many faults. So I deleted this project to create one with version 0.9.5 but the editor crashes when loading this project and its process closes completely.

I installed the latest version and when launching Preview.exe it quit directly. When I tried to run it alone it told me that Openvr_api.dll was missing. I installed the dll but it crashes directly when loading a project.

I think getting integrated graphics to work will take longer and it is not currently supported, although we are a lot closer now than we were before.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 1 month later...

Hi Josh,

I replaced my laptop which ran on an integrated Intel UHD GPU with another model which runs with an i7 processor and a GTX960M. The Ultra Engine editor launches fine but when loading the project file, it crashes completely but without an error message. Is there any special handling to do?