Can't navigate across terrain

StOneDOes

Go to solution Solved by Josh,

Some 6-8 months ago I had successful navigation on terrain, but it seems that something has changed and has broken what I had working. I was originally working off what I had here in this thread: 

The first sign that something had changed was that Model::SetNavigationMode() no longer exists and had to remove it to make the program compile.

So the issues I've found so far are:

• CreateNavMesh() has been changed and now seems to always create the same size mesh no matter the size parameter that I enter
  • I have had to change around the order of positioning the model, nav agent, and attaching the nav agent to the model  to make them not appear at pos (0,0,0)
  • I have to position the objects above the terrain, and they appear to just hover, not actually sit on it like they used to
  • Whether NavAgent::Navigate() returns true or false, the object does not appear to move at all

Does anyone have a working sample of terrain navigation with the current release? Any help appreciated thanks.

• Thanks 1

The big change in the navmesh creation was that you now need to explicitly specify the number of tiles and voxels per tile. Before you inputted the overall size and voxel size, and it calculated the nearest power-of-two tile resolution. But this caused a lot of problems because not all values you could enter were valid, so integrating this into the editor was ugly because the user could input invalid values.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• Solution

Here it is working in the editor, with terrain. I had to make a fix because the volume height was being used for the agent height.

This seems to be working correctly. If there is no more specific complaint I will mark this resolved.

image.thumb.jpeg.c398f9b41a460db0d9ac34dcdf471088.jpeg

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.