.json auto appended to shader family

SpiderPig

Go to solution Solved by Josh,

Some of my shader families have the extension .fam and when loading the material it will fail to load the shader family because it's appending .json to the end.  Can it be made so that if the extension is specified it doesn't append .json to the end?

Error: Failed to read file "C:/UltraEngine/Projects/TheSeventhWorld/Shaders/Materials/MyFamily.fam.json"

Material:

{
	"material":
	{
		"version": 100,
		"color": [ 1.0,  1.0,  1.0,  1.0 ],
		"emission": [ 0.0,  0.0,  0.0 ],
		"metallic": 0.0,
		"roughness": 0.0,
		"transparent": false,
		"occlusionInfo": true,
		"occlusionScale": 1.0,
		"normalScale": 1.0,
		"shaderFamily": "MyFamily.fam"
	}
}

• 2 weeks later...

The material files currently just store the name of the shader family. They do not store the "Shaders" folder to the path, even though the files are located there.

I can't say exactly why but it feels intuitively right to me.

So explicitly declaring the file extension also feels like a strange thing to do.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Okay so I see now it's trying to load it from the shaders folder too... I see what your doing for the standard materials and the shader family's for Ultra but I don't think its a good idea.  Ultra needs to be flexible.  I want my shaders and textures in one folder.  I don't want to split the materials and textures into one and then my custom shaders into another.  I think we should be able to define a path because it is, after all, a file.

Well, the way things are right now there is no need for a file requester. You can just select the item you want from the combobox, which is much simpler.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 2 weeks later...