Saving Maps

Hgawmphdmph

Hello all,

[ Before my question, I'd just like to say that this community is brilliant. Thanks to how good the Leadwerks 4 API and documentation are, I've only ever had to ask a handful questions on here during the 3 or so years I've been writing the framework for my game, and every time got a great, helpful answer. 🙂
Can't wait for LW5! ]

My question is : Is there any way to save maps from code? I've looked at the Map.h file and obviously found the various Load functions but can't see a Save one.

( The reason I ask is that as a solo developer, producing the levels/maps I need is gonna be a challenge. But I've been developing a little tool that helps me partially generate maps using "Roguelike" procedural generation techniques - though I don't t want to randomly generate levels at run time. But what I'm trying to do is export data from my little map generator tool, then read it from within some LW C++/Lua code and using stuff like the Brush::Box build the skeleton of my level. (This part already works).
Then I want tweak all the details and add further stuff within the LW editor. But for this to fly I would need to be able to save my built skeleton map after generating it in C++/Lua. )

I hope all the above makes sense. Sorry if it's a bit tldr!
As always, I would be very grateful for any help or advice.

Thanks all!
Colin

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hgawmphdmph said:

Hi Josh,

3 years work on Leadwerks 4 - can I get Leadwerks 5 yet? And how upwards compatible is my existing code?

Cheers,
C

It's nearly ready. For the most part, I think if you know Leadwerks you will understand Ultra immediately.

• Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.