[LE2] Picking issues with model

Rick

I have 2 different goblin models and a plant enemy model. These are all loaded with LoadMesh(). I set an entity key when I load these called "type" and I set it to "enemy". When I do a CameraPick I take the p.entity and get the entity key. For the goblins I get the value "enemy" as I would expect, but the plant returns an empty string. When I examine the TEntity address when loaded vs when picked the goblins are the same but the plant enemy is not.

Any ideas why the plant enemy is acting different given the above description?

Rick that is odd indeed. If you are indeed setting the entity key for the plant the same as the models it should work. It has in the past for me. Often I find when these anomalies happen there is a silly mistake somewhere. I don't know how many times I thought my code was fine and in the end it often turns out to be something rather silly.

STS - Scarlet Thread Studios

AKA: Engineer Ken

Fact: Game Development is hard... very bloody hard.. If you are not prepared to accept that.. Please give up now!

Yeah, it's odd, but actually using a cube mesh is working out better. Since this is set for mainly mobile, selecting the enemies will be much easier when it's a bigger more generic shape like a cube than the model itself. So in the end it helped me see that, which is good :)

Thanks guys.